Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mission: Moving to Jamaica - part 1

I can’t believe it’s been almost five months since I posted something on my blog. A lot of things happened during this time and there were a lot of new things I had to get used to and live without. First of all me and my little one moved from Romania to Jamaica. Yes, pretty much the other corner of the world, but I am not sorry we moved. We arrived here beginning of November and while for Alex it was just a matter of weeks to pick up both English and Patois, I was worried about the big change in her life. When we got here, the only familiar face she knew was her father’s whom she only saw on the web cam for the last two and a half years.

Their meeting at the airport was like love at first sight. The two and a half years of talking on the phone or in some chat were wiped away with a kiss and a hug. From that moment on it was Daddy this, Daddy that, but it didn’t mean I got a break. I had to be there with her all the time. In the beginning I was her interpreter, but as time went by she picked up more and more words in English and she didn’t need me around so much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment