Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Last two workshops

Already past mid-September and I started working and Alex started grade 1. I am so busy I didn't even have the time to post some of the posts I wrote back in August.

Here are the last workshops from the set, so the next post is going to be with layouts I did for the challenges. I didn't win any of the prizes and I wasn't even a runner-up, but I am happy I took part in this contest and did some more layouts.

The funny things about these last two layouts is that I knew that one of the workshops was going to be a journaling layout, so I started working on a layout for the last poem I wrote for my husband. When I was just about finished with it I saw that the workshop was about title layering and not journaling and I finished the page by playing with the title. Also while commenting on the other designers layouts I saw one that was perfect for a double page layout - I told the designer and she did end up doing it as a double page layout and got a lot of positive comments on it. Now by the time I got to workshop 9 and saw it's not journaling, I knew workshop 10 would be it. I decided to make the second page of a double page layout for the last workshop and what better occasion to go with this poem, than my wedding day and a little story for Alex who although was there she was too young to remember.

Workshop 9 - layered title - kits used Classic Beauty and Summer Breeze by Just So Scrappy.




Workshop 10 - journaling - kits used Classic Beauty and Summer Breeze by Just So Scrappy.



No comments:

Post a Comment