Sunday, July 3, 2011

STS week 3

A one picture layout with a 150 words reflective journaling.
I used the I heart milk mini by Designs by Christi

The journaling says:


Less than a year ago we moved on the other side of the world so that we could be with daddy in our own house. You are only five years old, but you never cease to amaze me and although you do not fully understand everything that is going on and how big this change is for us, you are the one that gives me strength to go on every day. When we moved to Jamaica you didn’t know English, you didn’t know anybody except for Daddy and so everything we NEW for you: new place, new people, and new language. Now, half a year later, you speak English and even the Jamaican dialect called Patois; you are doing extremely well in basic school and you have a lot of friends.

The first day I took you to school, two months after we arrived in Jamaica, I saw a little girl who was always answering all the teacher’s questions. Towards the end of the school year, you started answering all the questions too. I am still amazed how quickly you adjusted to your new life and how many things you’ve learned since we came.

On your first school report ever, your teacher wrote: “Alexandra has done exceptionally well. Her adaption to the the use of the English Language as well as her adjustment to the Jamaican classroom was beyond expectation. Alexandra must be commended for her high and continued level of performance. You have done well Alexandra Lewis.”

And not only did you do great in school and can now add numbers up to twenty and can read better than other children your age, you also got medals for the Sports Day where you came second and third in the races. For all these and many more I am always proud to be your mom and I thank God for giving me such a wonderful girl. I LOVE YOU Alexandra!

No comments:

Post a Comment