Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer contest part 3

I know I didn't put part 1 and part 2 in the title post, but if you are reading this post and you like what you see and you want to see more just check the posts before and after and leave me a comment or two if you feel like it:)...

Workshop 5 - blending - kit used Memory Lane by Jen C Designs. Jen C is one of my favorite designers and I have over twenty of her kits; some I bought and some I won on her blog or Facebook page or over at Digi Shop Talk. While I like the final result, I am not all that happy with the way the title came out,but that is something easy to fix. One thing I love though is when I can use elements from the kit as accessories and make it look like part of the picture - hint: see the flower in Alex's hair :)


I took this pictures with Alex this year at the end of April when we went with some friends to church. We don't go to church every Sunday, but now and then and if there's a special occasion. This time our friends got their little baby girl blessed and we were honored to be invited and be part of their special day. Of course I took my camera and took quite a few shots both with Alex and the baby. Over all it was a really nice day and no, Alex was not crying or being sad when I took the picture.

Workshop 6 - extraction - kit used By the sea by Just So Scrappy. Another one of my favorite designers and I probably have just about twenty something kits from her too... I managed to get a buy my store deal once and then hunted some coupons on Facebook as well as bought some of her kits. What I love about her kits is that they are huge! When you buy a kit from JSS you usually get over forty papers and over 100 elements and they are always very reasonably priced.


The picture was taken at the same baby blessing event and I love her expression. You might have noticed by now that I don't like very crowded layouts and I use as few elements as necessary to enhance the photos. Both layouts for workshop 5 and workshop 6 use both techniques: blending and extraction and although I don't use any of them too much, I think I did a pretty god job with these layouts. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment