Tuesday, August 3, 2010

getting closer...

I didn't write a post in a week or so and frankly I have no excuse for it. I can't believe it's August already and we are leaving in three months. I added a little ticker on the blog, to keep me posted on how close the Day is and I have my husband who keeps telling me how many days he has left till he goes home. My mom is going on vacation starting next week so we will get to spend some time together and maybe go a few days in the north of the country and visit some old friends and relatives. I tried to take some new photos even if I don't have planned photo sessions for different challenges and I am looking forward to starting the August set of challenges from DSM. These challenges do not only bring me gift cards or other small prizes, but they also keep me busy and make me practice and improve my skills.

These days that I've been absent from the blog, we went to the pool and visited my brother and his family; cleaned my mom's house and my grandma's house and today we went to a story reading in a bookstore close to us. I am not going to post any layouts or photos today because I am still in the process of sorting things in my computer and making more space so I can work on new layouts. Thanks for visiting my blog and please come back soon.

As for the contest I took part in, I didn't win it of course, but learned a lot from it and got an awesome free kit and a bunch of nice comments for the layouts I did. So all in all it was a very productive experience for me and I liked it so much that I am willing to try it again soon. I saw some people got really disappointed they didn't win, but I am a fighter and I like challenges and if i didn't win this time, I'm sure I will another time.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment