Sunday, June 13, 2010

Numbers

Often times we say we don't know too much mathematics and yet most of us use numbers  every day and do basic maths. So I will dedicate today's post to numbers and some statistics. After 20 posts in less than 30 days, I have 1 follower and according to Flag Counter I had 53 unique visitors from 9 countries visiting my blog. I also have on my blog, one of my favorites poems Exact science and, you guessed, it has a bit of maths and numbers in it.

I am also using numbers a lot in my to-do lists as well as when I have to answer some questions for my little one: "Mami, when am I going to be 7? and 18? and 243?" Remember she is only 4 and she can count almost to 100 with a bit of help and she can count to 20+ in English too and up to 10 in Spanish. Sometimes she also quizzes me with questions like "What is 2+2?" or "how much money is this? Is it a lot?" With simple math where we can use our fingers i try to do it with her and when it comes to prices i tell her the price and then give her an equivalent of the price in terms of things that she likes to do but cost money. For example if she asks about a dress and it costs $20 I tell her the dress is $20 but for the same amount of money we can ride the little train she likes for 10 times. it gets a bit more difficult when we talk about big numbers since she doesn't quite make the difference between hundreds and thousands, but we will get there soon I am sure of it.

Okie, enough about numbers; let's go back to fun things. I am working on a new template that I want to share with you as well as a couple new note cards that match the to-do lists I posted earlier. So here we go again:






No comments:

Post a Comment