Monday, July 19, 2010

Ice cream...

This was the theme of the second challenge of the contest. Can you say something in one layout? I couldn't. So I used a double page layout. My first double page layout in digital scrapbooking. Taking these challenges very seriously - you should see the prizes - I made a deal with my little one. The deal had several steps and she was involved in almost all of them.
  • step 1 - buy ice cream
  • step 2 - get the camera
  • step 3 - have a photo session with Alex eating the ice cream
  • step 4 - ice cream finished, photos taken, movie time - DVD of her choice.
Lucky me she loved the last two steps of the deal so she was very cooperative. Thus I had some ice cream material to work with. And then the real  work began. First I had to find some papers and elements that would go with the theme and the photos. So I used papers and elements from the Summer Fun kit by Just So Scrapy, Ice Cream Shoppe kits by Mad Genius Designs, Elise Hansen and Inspiredbydominic Designs.  The Ice Cream Shoppe kits were parts from a Half-baked girls blog train. Thank you all.

Anyways here are my layouts. I have two versions: with more and less text. :)




















This is a smaller version for the forum:


2 comments:

  1. I came over from DSM. I love your layout- so I had to come check it out in bigger form! How fun! I just realized when we started this challenge - that I have no pics of my kids eating ice cream. I need to get on that! Anyhow - I'm gonna follow you so I can enjoy your work!
    If you want to come visit me - I have a family blog at www.StanwoodPlaySchool.com and I just started a digi-scrapping blog at www.Get2Scrappin.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your nice comment. I'm glad you like my work.:) am following your blogs now:)

    ReplyDelete