Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Why?

Today I woke up to find out one of our singers committed suicide. She was turning 43 today, had a husband she loved, had a one year old baby boy and declared everywhere that she was happy, lucky and in love. Of course the news of her suicide shocked a lot of people and nobody understands why she did it. Most probably we will never find out why, but her songs are her way of staying alive for eternity. There where thousands of comments all over the place today and although I admit I do not understand why she did it, all I am thinking about is that she was selfish. If you have a kid that you wished for and prayed for as much as she said she did, you just don't kill yourself and leave the kid without one of his most important persons in his life: his MOM. Anyways, it's too late for questions that will remain unanswered so all I want to say is Rest in Peace Madalina and may God forgive you and allow you to sing for him in heaven!

There are moments like this one - although not directly related to me - when it is more real to me than ever that I have to do my best for my children; that for me they are the most important thing I am leaving behind and as long as they are healthy and they begin fulfilling their dreams, I feel fulfilled. There's no career, no education, nothing, that can make me prouder or more fulfilled than seeing my children smiling at me, kissing me or telling me that they love me just because. I thank God for my wonderful kids and pray that I can get older near them and see them making their dreams come true and having kids and grand kids. And I pray I can have my husband with me so we can feel the joy together.

However, to get to more optimistic things, here is my collage layout. Definitely not my best, but also not my specialty. Plus there are certain programs that make collages for you. For this layout I used my favorite model, Alex, and the Hannah Banana kit from Just So Scrappy.


No comments:

Post a Comment